Monday, June 13, 2011

A Future Series: Pervasive Worlds

As I create more content for this blog, I'm going to intermittently make posts discussing three world-building works that have, more so than all others, penetrated the popular consciousness of the Western world.  Those three works are The Lord of the Rings, the Harry Potter series, and the original Star Wars trilogy.  I'm going to try to analyze these works, take them apart, and understand the commonalities that give them their universal cultural impact and weight.  I love all three of these works, and I've spent quite a bit of my life on them. Now it's time to turn a critical eye.  The first post in the series will be about the heroes who we follow as we travel through Middle-Earth, Wizarding Britain, and the Galactic Empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment